Test your knowledge of all things related to the day of love.
1. How many martyred saints are believed to be named St. Valentine?
2. Ancient Egyptians used to mummify people with this organ intact because they believed it was the only part of the body necessary for the trip through eternity.
3. This February holiday was originally observed on February 14th.
a. Lincoln's birthday
b. Washington's birthday
c. Mardi Gras
d. Groundhog Day
4. Which confectionary company produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine's Day in the late 1800s?
5. Approximately 110 million of these will be sold and delivered within the three days surrounding Valentine's Day.
6. Who receives the most Valentine's Day cards?
7. This Italian city was where Romeo and Juliet lived in Shakespeare's tale.
8. In what year did Hallmark launch its first Valentine's Day product?
9. Which Roman goddess was known as the goddess of love?
10. Which monument was given as the ultimate gift of love?
a. Egyptian pyramids
b. Taj Mahal
c. Eiffel Tower
d. Palace of Versailles
11. Which of the following birds DONOT mate for life?
b. Bald Eagle
d. California Condor
12. What letter has become the symbol for a "kiss"?
13. This confection is made from sugar or honey and almond meal.
14. Some people believe Valentine's Day was created to supercede this Roman pagan holiday.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. d 4. c 5. b 6. a 7. d 8. a 9. c 10. b 11. c 12. a. 13. d 14. c